Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Only because the wife was watching it last night...

I'm a sucker for reality TV and especially any of the "competition/talent" shows. I used to justify this behavior to the wife just having it on in the background and me being forced to watch. You know, I try to be fair since I normally monopolize our main TV with sports 24/7 but after some reasonably substantial soul-searching, I am prepared to admit that I kind of enjoy some of these shows...
So I caught the second night of Dancing With the Stars last night and to be perfectly honest, it was somewhat entertaining watching these celebs get thrown around a dance floor with reckless abandon. The professional female dancers are worth the price of admission alone in my estimation but last night it was the pro guys with their women stars and this is how I would handicap them after their first night, in reverse.

8. Macy Gray - first of all, didn't realize she's 42. Had her pegged about 6-8 years younger. She is a gigantic woman. Seriously she towers over all the male pro dancers. She couldn't look less interested. If she's not booted tonight, I'll be shocked

7. Kathy Ireland - Oh baby it's been a long way back since you, Elle McPherson and Rachel Hunter changed my world with the 1994 SI Swimsuit Cover...welcome back, missed you terribly. Oh yeah, dancing, not so much your thing.

6. Melissa Joan Hart - You remember her from Sabrina the Teenage Witch - I remember her from Clarissa Explains It All. Oh the joys of a youth spent glued to Nickelodeon.
5. Debi Mazar - Shawna from Entourage kind of does it for me a little bit. I think it's the accent and the sharp tongue. But a dancer, she is not.
4. Kelli Osborne - I thought for sure she'd be the worst but she was actually quite decent. I can't get enough gratuitous Ozzie shots in the audience. I hope they give him 15 seconds to mumble incoherently into the mic every week - that would be awesome.

3. Natalie Coughlin - one thing about the athletes and olympians - normally they get extremely competitive in this competition. She'll be right in the thick of it.

2. Joanna Krupa - she doesn't suck to look at but she's kind of the 2nd best in a mediocre to bad bunch. She got the best partner, Derek, whose job REALLY doesn't suck.

1. Mya - she's hands down the best female star at this point, not even close.
We'll get back to football shortly. Appreciate the lattitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment